- This event has passed.
SPS Biosecurity – MPI Accredited Person Training: 15 February 2018 **SOLD OUT**
15 February @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm NZDT$175
Delivered in partnership with biosecurity specialists SPS Biosecurity Ltd, this is a Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) Accredited Person Biosecurity Awareness course for the handling of sea and air containers imported from all countries. As such, it is designed for those involved in the devanning process of sea and air containers. After the successful completion of this course you will be issued with a “Certificate of Training”, which is the first step in the application process to being awarded an “Accredited Person Certificate” by the Ministry for Primary Industries. This will then enable you to be compliant as per the requirements of the Biosecurity Act 1993 and relevant amendments.
- MPI, it’s role and responsibilities;
- How pests and disease arrive in New Zealand;
- Existing risks and contamination;
- Biosecurity legislation; and
- Accredited Person Best Practice.
Who should attend:
- All persons who will be devanning imported containers and want to be come an MPI Accredited Person to ensure their Transitional Facility can receive imported containers.
- All operators, owners and/or managers who wish to perform the tasks of an MPI Accredited Person.
Attendees to this course will be required to show a form of photo ID at the course (driver’s licence, passport or 18+ card).
A “Certificate of Training” will be awarded on successful completion of this course. On receipt of “Certificate of Training” attendees will then require to submit an Application for Appointment as an Accredited Person, along with a colour copy of their photo identification and Certificate of Training. To review the complete process to becoming an Accredited Person click here to view details on MPI’s website.
Mid-morning refreshments are provided as part of this course.
Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Thursday, 8th February will be subject to a $75.00+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.