Dangerous Goods Management presents this 1/2 day Air Cargo Load and Restraint Training course that meets the airline mandatory training requirements for the International Air Transport Association (IATA) freight forwarders and is designed for those staff who are preparing unit load devices for subsequent loading onto aircraft. IATA certified freight forwarders must have at least two people on site who have Air Cargo qualification. Participants attending this course should, at its completion understand the following:
– Aircraft weight limitations
– ULD Weight limitations
– ULD serviceability limits
– General methods of cargo loading
– Items that require shoring
– Calculations of shoring requirements
– Methods of shoring
– The effectiveness of equipment used to spread the weight of dense cargo
– Items that require restraint
– Identification of restraint equipment
– Calculation of restraint requirements
Attendees are required to present a form of photo ID at the course (drivers licence, passport or 18+ card). Additionally attendees must also provide a clear colour photocopy of this documentation. Attendees can either:
– provide their identification on arrival to the course and our administration team will arrange a scan of this identification for filing, or
– e-mail a clear colour photocopy of their identification to the administration team (online registrations will receive an email from our team after registration).
– Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied.
– Refreshments will be provided.
– Free onsite parking on a first in first served basis. Additional roadside parking available.
On successful completion of this course and an assessment the attendee will be awarded an Air Cargo Loading and Restraint certification. This certificate will be valid for three years (36 months) from course completion.
Please advise our team (in confidence) before the start of the course of any physical or learning difficulties you, or in the case of employers, your employee, may have e.g impairments with mobility, visual, hearing and/or speech, or difficulty in reading and writing. If trainees have difficulties during the course they should not hesitate to talk to our training team.
– Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $50+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
– Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Tuesday, 21st November 2023 will be subject to a $150+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.
– DGM endeavour to ensure all courses proceed, however we reserve the right to amend or re-schedule any course offered. Should re-scheduling of a course become necessary, participants will be informed as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience.
– – – – – – –
Other courses you may be interested in:
Regulated Air Cargo Agent (RACA) Security Course