D Endorsement Renewal Course
12 January @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm NZDT$235.00
Dangerous Goods Management presents this NZTA approved course for those who require training to attain a Dangerous Goods (D) Endorsement on their drivers licence. This course is a full day course for first time attendees and meets requirements under NZQA Unit Standard 16718 (Demonstrate and apply knowledge of law and practice for the transport of Dangerous Goods by road).
Attendees must have a minimum of a NZ Class 1 (car) Learner Licence.
– Scope of the Rule
– Driver and Loader responsibilities
– DGLQ, consumer commodities, small packages and excepted quantities
– Package requirements for DGLQ, consumer commodities, small packages and excepted quantities
– Placarding requirements
– Safety requirements and emergencies
– Documentation requirements relating to the transport of dangerous goods
Who should attend:
Drivers who require renewal of D Endorsement on their driver’s licence.
– Those transporting dangerous goods for hire or reward (e.g. a transport operator or a courier), will usually need a D endorsement. Refer to Section 9.2 of the Land Transport Rule Dangerous Goods 2005 Rule 45001/2005 As at 1 October 2016.
– Those transporting dangerous goods for domestic or recreational purposes, for tools-of-trade, for agricultural use or for commercial purpose and the quantities are under the limits in Schedule 1 of the Rule don’t need a D endorsement. Refer to Part 3, Schedule 1 of the Land Transport Rule Dangerous Goods 2005 Rule 45001/2005 As at 1 October 2016.
– Those transporting dangerous goods for domestic or recreational purposes, for tools-of-trade, for agricultural use or for commercial purpose in quantities over the limits in Schedule 1, will need a D endorsement, except for dangerous goods that are toxic to the aquatic environment and classified as UN 3077 or UN 3082, environmentally hazardous substances. Refer to NZTA resource: “Transporting diesel and other environmentally hazardous substances UN 3077 and UN 3082)“.
– Those who require the knowledge and skills to safely and legally transport dangerous goods by road, and those persons who are working in the transport industry will also benefit from the key topics in this course (eg. loaders).
Attendees are required to send their Drivers License (minimum of a NZ Class 1 (car) Learner Licence, both sides) to be sited, by email prior to the training.
Detailed study guide “Operators Handbook for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road”, pen and paper will be supplied.
Certificate awarded and certification validity:
On successful completion of this course the attendee will be awarded a “Driver Licence and Endorsement Certificate” confirming the attendee has been assessed as competent in Unit Standard number 16718 and has met course requirements for a D Endorsement.
This training is only part of the requirement to attain a D Endorsement. The Certificate is not a licence. Attendees must present their awarded Certificate to a NZTA licensing agent (e.g. VTNZ, AA, e.t.c.) and apply for a D Endorsement (fees apply). This must be done within 60 days of the training course, otherwise attendees will need to register and provide payment to re-complete the training course. A D Endorsement on a drivers licence will be valid for 5 years (expiry date will be on drivers licence).
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided. There are a number of cafes within walking distance of the training venue, otherwise attendees are welcome to bring their own lunch.
Please advise our team (in confidence) before the start of the course of any physical or learning difficulties you, or in the case of employers, your employee, may have e.g impairments with mobility, visual, hearing and/or speech, or difficulty in reading and writing. If trainees have difficulties during the course they should not hesitate to talk to our training team.
Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $50+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Wednesday, 5th January 2022 will be subject to a $75+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Non-attendance, without notification, will incur full course cost.
DGM endeavour to ensure all courses proceed, however we reserve the right to amend or re-schedule any course offered. Should re-scheduling of a course become necessary, participants will be informed as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience.
– – – – – – –
– – – – – – –