- This event has passed.
Dangerous Goods Handling for Road Transport
22 January @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm NZDT$395 excl. GST
This course provides an all encompassing view on requirements surrounding the carriage of dangerous goods by road. It is essential for shippers and shipper’s agents who prepare dangerous goods consignments, and is designed to comply with the provisions set out in NZS5433. Upon completion of the course, participants will have an understanding of the regulations allowing them to complete a shipment for transportation by road. This course is a must for all warehousing and distribution personnel.
- The Legislation
- Safety Data Sheets(SDS)
- The classification of dangerous goods
- Identification of dangerous goods
- Packaging requirements and labelling and marking procedures
- Storage and loading procedures
- The Shipper’s Declaration and other relevant documentation
- Segregation within the vehicle
- Personal Protection Equipment and spill cleanup and disposal
- Emergency Response Information
- Risk management and incident investigation including step-by-step action plans
- Requirements under NZS 5433: 2012 – Transport of dangerous goods on land
Who should attend:
- Staff involved in the handling of dangerous goods as part of their daily routine
- Warehouse and distribution personnel required to packaging and complete Dangerous Goods Declaration forms for road freight
- Those involved with on-site Health and Safety.
- Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied
On successful completion of this course the attendee will be awarded a Dangerous Goods Handling certification which covers training requirements under NZS 5433:Part 1:2012, Section 12.1. This certificate will be valid for 36 months (3 years) from course completion.
Arrival tea/coffee, morning tea, catered lunch, and afternoon tea will be provided. Dietary requirements can be accommodated within the catered lunch – please advise within your online booking from the options provided (None; Vegetarian; Gluten-free; Dairy-free).
Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $30+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Tuesday, 15th January 2019 will be subject to a $150+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.
DGM endeavour to ensure all courses proceed, however we reserve the right to amend or re-schedule any course offered. Should re-scheduling of a course become necessary, participants will be informed as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience.
– – – – – – –
– – – – – – –