This half day course is compliant with the Hazardous Substance Regulations 2017 Regulation 4.5, and is designed for sites with only Class 2.1: Flammable Gases and/or Class 3: Flammable Liquids, and is delivered in partnership with Environmental Resources Limited. The previous concept of Approved Handler was replaced with Regulation 4.5 and from 1st December 2017 the Health and Safety Work Act places responsibility on everyone who handles, stores or uses hazardous substances, regardless of the quantities, to now be trained under Regulation 4.5.
This course is not scheduled at our typical times: please note that this course commences at 9.00am and finishes at approximately 12.30pm.
This course is not scheduled at our usual venue.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for sites with only Class 2.1: Flammable Gases and/or Class 3: Flammable Liquids, such as:
– Spray painting type operations,
– Warehousing and distribution,
– LPG only sites (Swappa bottles, forklift cylinders, etc), and
– Service stations.
Attendees are required to present a form of photo ID at the course (drivers licence, passport or 18+ card). Additionally attendees must also provide a clear colour photocopy of this documentation. Attendees can either:
– Provide their identification on arrival to the course and our administration team will arrange a scan of this identification for filing, or
– E-mail a clear colour photocopy of their identification to the administration team (online registrations will receive an email from our team after registration).
Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied.
On successful completion of this course one certificate will be issued:
– Certificate of Training – validity 36 months (3 years).
Mid-morning refreshments are provided as part of this course.
Please advise our team (in confidence) before the start of the course of any physical or learning difficulties you, or in the case of employers, your employee, may have e.g impairments with mobility, visual, hearing and/or speech, or difficulty in reading and writing. If trainees have difficulties during the course they should not hesitate to talk to the training facilitator.
– Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $50+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
– Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Monday, 13th February, 2023 will be subject to a $100+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, will incur full course cost.
– DGM endeavor to ensure all courses proceed, however should re-scheduling of a course become necessary, participants will be informed as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience.
– – – – – – –
Other courses you may be interested in:
HSWA Workplace Chemical Handling Training Comprehensive/Certified
Dangerous Goods Handling for Road Freight
– – – – – – –