- This event has passed.
IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Initial Category 6: 16 – 20 April 2018
16 April, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 20 April, 2018 @ 4:30 pm NZST$895 excl. GST - $945 excl. GST
This IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Initial Category 6 course is designed for freight forwarder staff who either have no prior DGR training or who have not updated their training during the past 24 months. It provides awareness of the current legal requirements, operations restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labelling and documentation regulations for dangerous goods, in accordance with the current 59th Edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. This course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and qualifies you to handle and process dangerous goods for carriage by air for a 24-month period. As such, this course is endorsed by IATA and New Zealand CAA.
Who should attend:
This course is recommended for:
- Airline cargo acceptance and cargo agency staff
- Cargo operations and ground handling staff
- Station managers responsible for the safe transport of dangerous goods shipments
- Shippers, cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders and others preparing dangerous goods shipments for air freight.
- Calculator and the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, 59th Edition. If you are unable to bring your own copy of the current IATA DGR to course these are available for hire ($50+GST – see optional tickets for purchase below) or purchase here. Limited copies are available for hire.
- Attendees are required to present a form of photo ID at the course (drivers licence, passport or 18+ card).
- Attendees must also provide a clear colour photocopy of photo ID. Attendees can either: provide their identification on arrival to the course and our administration team will arrange a scan of this identification for filing, or e-mail a clear colour photocopy of their identification to the administration team after booking.
- Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied.
A certificate of completion, endorsed by IATA, is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on the exam. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher. On successful completion of this course certification issued will be valid for 24 months.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided as part of this course. Dietary requirements can be catered for within the provided lunch ensuring this is advised upon booking. The following dietary requirements can be catered for: dairy free, gluten free, no pork/beef, and vegetarian.
Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Monday, 9th April 2017 will be subject to a $350+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.
– – – – – – –
– – – – – – –