- This event has passed.
SPS Biosecurity – MPI Sea & Air Training for Accredited Person
16 January @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm NZDT$175 excl. GST
With the new standard which came into effect 5th April 2018 MPI has developed two versions of the Accredited Person Training. One is an update of the previous Sea Container Accredited Person training and the other an Air focused Accredited Person training programme.
1. Sea & Air Training for Accredited Person – this is the current training SPS Biosecurity Ltd deliver for MPI. This has a focus on the sea container sites with an overview for a Transitional Facility that may also get Air Containers.
2. Air & Sea Training for Accredited Person – this is the new training material. The focus is on air containers (Air Cans, Flat racks etc). This training is aimed at businesses that predominately handle air containers.
This course covers Sea & Air Training for Accredited Person. For the next available Air & Sea Training for Accredited Person please click here, or return to the course list for all Accredited Person training course dates.
Delivered by biosecurity specialists SPS Biosecurity Ltd, this is a Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) Sea & Air Training for Accredited Person course which has a focus on the sea container sites with an overview for TF’s that may also get air containers. As such, it is designed for those involved in the devanning process of predominantly sea containers. After the successful completion of this course you will be issued with a Certificate of Training by MPI approved training provider SPS Biosecurity Ltd, which is the first step in the application process to being awarded an Accredited Person Certificate by the Ministry for Primary Industries. This will then enable you to be compliant as per the requirements of the Biosecurity Act 1993 and relevant amendments.
- MPI, it’s role and responsibilities;
- How pests and disease arrive in New Zealand;
- Existing risks and contamination;
- Biosecurity legislation; and
- Accredited Person Best Practice.
Who should attend:
- All persons who will be devanning imported containers (predominately sea containers) and want to be come an MPI Accredited Person to ensure their Transitional Facility can receive imported containers.
- Those who require training which has a focus on the sea container sites with an overview for a Transitional Facility that may also get Air Containers.
- All operators, owners and/or managers who wish to perform the tasks of an MPI Accredited Person.
- Attendees to this course will be required to show a form of photo ID at the course (driver’s licence, passport or 18+ card).
- Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied.
Certificate awarded and post-course requirements:
A Certificate of Training will be awarded on successful completion of this course by SPS Biosecurity Ltd. On receipt of Certificate of Training attendees will then require to submit an Application for Appointment as an Accredited Person to MPI. To review the complete process to becoming an Accredited Person click here to view details on MPI’s website.
Mid-morning refreshments are provided as part of this course.
Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $30+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Wednesday, 9th January 2019 will be subject to a $75+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.
Should re-scheduling of a course become necessary, participants will be informed as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience.
– – – – – – –
Other courses you may be interested in:
MPI Transitional Facility Operator Course
– – – – – – –