- This event has passed.
SPS Biosecurity – MPI Transitional Facility Operator (TFO) Training
20 February @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm NZDT$395 excl. GST
**Please note session time for this course is: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm**
Delivered by biosecurity specialists SPS Biosecurity Ltd, this one day workshop outlines the role and responsibilities of a Transitional Facility Operator (TFO) and the requirements of Transitional Facility Standard – Standard for Transitional Facilities for General Uncleared Risk Goods (TFGEN). All Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) approved transitional facilities must have a certified Transitional Facility Operator (TFO) to maintain overall responsibility for biosecurity activities at their site, therefore if you require a TFO Certificate of Training this is the course for you. This course is only a part of the process for approval as a MPI Transitional Facility Operator and attendees should be aware of the complete process as required by MPI outlined on their website.
This course is not scheduled at our typical times. Please note that this course commences at 8:30 am and finishes at approximately 4:30 pm.
- MPI and Biosecurity;
- Contamination, pathogens and pests;
- Biosecurity systems and procedures
- Transitional Facility Biosecurity roles and responsibilities;
- Biosecurity legislation and key documents;
- Biosecurity requirements for your Transitional Facility; and
- Compliance and non-compliances.
Who should attend:
- Those people wishing to act as Transitional Facility Operators or Deputy Transitional Facility Operators.
Documentation and pre-course requirements:
Attendees must bring the following documents with them to the course:
- A form of photo ID (drivers licence, passport or 18+ card). Attendees must present identification on the day or they will be unable to participate in training,
- Completed pre-learning assessment (pre-requisite for attendance). This document will be provided approximately 7 days prior to course commencement,
- A printed copy of TFGEN – download from here: http://mpi.govt.nz/document-vault/1615
- A printed copy of TFGEN-GD – download from here: http://mpi.govt.nz/document-vault/1616
- A printed copy of your TF manual and site plan. If you do not have one please bring the TF Manual Template available for download from the following links: http://www.mpi.govt.nz/document-vault/4537 and http://www.mpi.govt.nz/document-vault/5290
- Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied.
- Arrival tea/coffee, morning tea, catered lunch, and afternoon tea will be provided. Dietary requirements can be accommodated within the catered lunch – please advise within your online booking from the options provided (None; Vegetarian; Gluten-free; Dairy-free).
Certification awarded and post-course requirements:
On successful completion of this course the attendee will be awarded a Transitional Facility Operator Certificate of Training, by SPS Biosecurity Ltd, as required by the Ministry for Primary Industries Standard for General Facilities for Uncleared Goods MPI-STD-TFGEN. This course is only a part of the process for approval as a MPI Transitional Facility Operator and attendees should be aware of the complete process as required by MPI outlined on their website.
Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $30+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Wednesday, 13th February 2019 will be subject to a $150+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.
Should re-scheduling of a course become necessary, participants will be informed as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience.
– – – – – – –
Other courses you may be interested in:
MPI Accredited Person Biosecurity Awareness Course
– – – – – – –