20th March 2020
To whom it may concern,
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread throughout the world and during this unsettling time DGM are committed to ensuring the ongoing health and wellness of our clients and staff.
The situation regarding containment, identification and management of COVID-19 virus within New Zealand is a developing situation. At this stage we are providing all services as booked with contingency activities in place to ensure adherence to social distancing recommendations, along with being extra vigilant regarding hygiene measures. Please find below an outline of the various measures we are taking and information on how we can work together to ensure the health and wellness of all involved.
Measures taken at DGM, 39 Richard Pearse Drive, Airport Oaks, Auckland:
- We are reducing and limiting the number of attendees on each course held.
- Catered food will be individually contained for each attendee.
- DGM employees have been advised to refrain from shaking hands and close physical contact with visitors and colleagues. We recommend visitors also proceed accordingly.
- One course attendee per table – attendees will be placed at approximately 1.5M distance between other individuals whilst stationed at their training tables.
- Air conditioning within the building ensures the circulation of fresh air from outside, however doors will be left open.
- Cleaning patterns have been increased, however we also encourage all staff and visitors to utilise the cleaning products/stations where available.
- Hand sanitiser is available in training rooms, boardrooms, reception, and stationed at various other locations around the building.
- Free-of-charge course transfers for any individuals who are not feeling well (please do not attend training – advise DGM staff via phone or email).
Measures being taken at off-site training facilities:
As you may be aware we have partnerships with other training providers and venues. These organisations are also taking the same and/or similar measures to ensure the health and wellness of course attendees, visitors to site, and employees. If you wish to be advised of the measures a specific DGM training partner or venue has undertaken please email and we will advise further details specific to the course training.
If you wish to speak to us about a specific training booking please contact the DGM training team:
Phone: 09 275 5559
Change of policy:
We’ve made the decision that given the climate of uncertainty a temporary change of policy is required effective immediately. Course cancellations and refunds are not applicable however courses can be deferred to an unspecified later date.
We appreciate that this is a dynamic situation but ask you to consider the importance of protecting those around you and for employers to ensure employees attending courses are aware of the symptoms of COVID-19 (which may be similar to other illnesses in the early stages).
All those who are in self-isolation or have any indication at being a higher risk for having/contracting COVID-19 are asked not to attend training. Similarly, in the lead up to training any individual who is feeling any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, difficulty breathing) are also asked not to attend training. Free-of-charge transfers are offered for any individual under the above circumstances – please request transfers via phone or email.
If there is any doubt as to the health of a course attendee or visitor then DGM and its representatives will follow precautions to ensure the health and wellness of other course attendees and individuals on site.
For general information about the COVID-19 the NZ Government has created a website detailing updates from the Ministry for Primary Industries, COVID-19 symptoms, help and advice for various groups (e.g. businesses, travellers, community groups etc.). More information for contacts of cases in New Zealand is available at: Contact tracing for COVID-19.
We will continue to monitor the situation and ensure we act accordingly for the safety of all staff and visitors on site. We hope that this information helps you trust in DGM’s commitment to placing our course attendees’ health and wellbeing at the forefront of our list. We welcome any further queries you may have and are ready to assist where possible.
Dangerous Goods Management Ltd
Measures contained within this notification are based on recommendations from the following authorities:
- Ministry of Education Guidelines: https://www.education.govt.nz/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-3/#infopages
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Guidelines: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Ministry of Health NZ Guidelines: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- International Air Transport Association: (internal recommendations for IATA Training Partners).