Dangerous Goods Management presents this 1-day dangerous goods course which is designed to comply with the provisions set out in the Land Transport Rule of New Zealand Standard: Transport of Dangerous Goods on Land (NZS5433) Upon completion of the course, participants will have an understanding of the regulations allowing them to complete a shipment for transportation by road. This course is a must for all warehousing and distribution personnel. A Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course and and assessment.
This course is designed for any staff who prepare Dangerous Goods or complete Dangerous Goods Declarations for Road Transport, and the course will expose students to class exercises, case studies, practical shipment and document exercises and a final theoretical/practical assessment.
– The Legislation
– Classification and identification of Dangerous Goods
– Safety Data Sheets (SDS)-
– Packaging requirements and labeling and marking procedures
– Storage and loading procedures
– The Shipper’s Declaration and other relevant documentation
– Segregation within the vehicle
– Personal Protection Equipment and spill cleanup and disposal
– Emergency Response Information
– Risk management and incident investigation including step-by-step action plans
– Requirements under NZS5433: 2012 – Transport of dangerous goods on land
This course does not provide training for D Endorsement, nor does it provide training under Regulation 4.5. For training under Regulation 4.5 please refer to HSWA Workplace Chemical Handling Training Basic, HSWA Workplace Chemical Handling Training Comprehensive, and HSWA Certified Handler Certification.
Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied
Refreshments and lunch – please advise if attendee has any specific dietary requirements
Free on-site parking
Please advise our team (in confidence) before the start of the course of any physical or learning difficulties you, or in the case of employers, your employee, may have e.g impairments with mobility, visual, hearing and/or speech, or difficulty in reading and writing. If trainees have difficulties during the course they should not hesitate to talk to our training team.
– Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $50+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
– Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Friday 3rd February 2023 will be subject to a $150+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance once registered will incur full course cost.
– DGM endeavour to ensure all courses proceed, however we reserve the right to amend or re-schedule any course offered. Should re-scheduling of a course become necessary, participants will be informed as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience.
– – – – – – –