The International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations now require that shippers of Lithium batteries that are classified under Section II (smaller batteries under 100w/h or lithium metal batteries of no more than 2g) in the packing instructions must receive adequate training and instruction. Dangerous goods Management have developed a course that will allow you to comply with this requirement in accordance with air transport regulations. This course is designed for Section II airfreight, however for Lithium Battery training covering Road and Sea Transport
Regulations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Subjects covered include:
– Legal responsibilities
– Updates as per IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
– Classification of lithium batteries being shipped
– Packaging procedures and requirements
– Marking & labeling requirements
– Documentation requirements
– Review and understanding of documented procedures as applicable to the job function
Attendees to this course will be required to show a form of photo ID at the course (driver’s licence, passport or 18+ card). For Dangerous Goods Management to comply with CAA Part 141 Accreditation, we are required to retain proof of identity for students undertaking training. This will be copied on arrival and retained in our training records for auditing.
– Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied
– Free on site parking
This course certification is valid for a 24-month term.
Please advise our team (in confidence) before the start of the course of any physical or learning difficulties you, or in the case of employers, your employee, may have e.g impairments with mobility, visual, hearing and/or speech, or difficulty in reading and writing. If trainees have difficulties during the course they should not hesitate to talk to our training team.
– Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $50+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
– Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Friday 3rd February 2023 will be subject to a $100+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.
– DGM endeavour to ensure all courses proceed, however we reserve the right to amend or re-schedule any course offered. Should re-scheduling of a course become necessary, participants will be informed as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience.