IATA Infectious Substance by Air Transport
9 May @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm NZST$395 excl. GST
This one day course is designed and approved by IATA (International Air Transport Association) and the New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand (NZ CAR Part 141) for shippers of infectious and biological substances by air, their agents, and airline operator acceptance staff. At the successful completion of this course students will be able to complete the following tasks with respect to transporting infectious substances by air.
- Application of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations;
- General responsibilities of shippers and operators;
- Identify and comply with state and operator variations;
- The classification of infectious substances, dry ice and diagnostic specimens;
- Understand and apply the information contained in the list of dangerous goods (section 4.2);
- Apply the general packing requirements and specific packing instructions;
- Correctly mark and label a package; and
- Complete a shippers declaration for dangerous goods by air freight and the applicable portion of the air waybill.
Who should attend:
- Staff involved in the handling of infectious substances as part of their daily routine
- Warehouse and distribution personnel required to packaging and complete Dangerous Goods Declaration forms for road freight
- Those involved with on-site Health and Safety
- Attendees to this course will be required to show a form of photo ID at the course (driver’s licence, passport or 18+ card).
- Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied.
Arrival tea/coffee, morning tea, and afternoon tea will be provided. Dietary requirements can be accommodated – please advise within your online booking from the options provided (None; Vegetarian; Gluten-free; Dairy-free).
Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $30+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Thursday, 2nd May 2019 will be subject to a $150+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.