International Maritime Dangerous Goods
27 March @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm NZDT$395 excl. GST
This course provides an all encompassing view on requirements surrounding the carriage of dangerous goods by sea. It is designed for shippers of dangerous goods, their agents and shipping line operator acceptance staff while satisfying the training provision set out in Section 1.3 of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code. Upon completion of the course, participants will have an understanding of the regulations allowing them to complete a shipment for transportation by sea and identify any areas of non-compliance.
- The legislation
- General responsibilities
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- The classification and identification of dangerous goods
- Packaging requirements and labelling and marking procedures
- Intermediate bulk containers
- Segregation within the container
- The Shipper’s Declaration and other relevant documentation
- Emergency response information
Who should attend:
- Shippers and shipper’s agents who prepare shipments for carriage by sea freight
- Individuals such as those who classify dangerous goods; pack, mark and label dangerous goods; load/unload cargo transport units; prepare IMO Dangerous Goods Declarations; or are otherwise directly involved in the transport of dangerous goods by sea freight as determined by the competent authority.
- Detailed workbook, pen and paper will be supplied
- Arrival tea/coffee, morning tea, catered lunch, and afternoon tea will be provided. Dietary requirements can be accommodated within the catered lunch – please advise within your online booking from the options provided (None; Vegetarian; Gluten-free; Dairy-free).
On successful completion of this course the attendee will be awarded an International Maritime Dangerous Goods certification which assists with training requirements under IMDG Code (amendment 39-18), Section 126.96.36.199. This certification is valid for three years (36 months) from date of successful course completion.
Should a course transfer be required, this will be provided free of charge for the first transfer only, ensuring advised prior to 7 days before the course. All subsequent transfers for a course booking will result in a $30+GST administration fee under the same conditions. Course attendance must be completed within six months of the initial booking.
Cancellations or course transfers made on or after Wednesday, 20th March 2019 will be subject to a $150+GST cancellation/transfer fee. Cancellations/transfers within 48 hours of the course date or non-attendance, once registered, without notification will incur full course cost.
– – – – – – –
Product Feature, DIGIcert:
Not a fan of hand writing dangerous good declarations? Dangerous Goods Management has developed a digital certification package that replaces handwritten road and sea freight dangerous goods forms. DIGIcert has functions that allow for the storage of all consignee and dangerous goods product information. 100% compliant forms are produced every time, reducing the risk of driver fines and ensuring freight isn’t delayed. Book a consultation today.
– – – – – – –